Ed Hughes Memorial Arena
The Ed Hughes Memorial Arena is the City of Ione's Multi-Purpose, covered arena. It is available for all outdoor activities year round, rain or shine.
Click here to view a Google calendar for the Arena.
In addition to the overall size of the structure, included are protective railings surrounding the entire interior as well as grandstands, an announcer's booth and ticket counter and treated sand and clay mixture for traction and footing. 800 amp lighting both inside and out along with solar panels for visibility illuminates the entire building and surrounding area. Holding and warming up areas are being constructed and easy access to and from the building make it an ideal location in beautiful Howard Park for all your outdoor arena activities.
- Overall Size - 200ft x 250ft. Within the movable panels - 165ft x 250ft.
- Lighting - 800 amps in addition to solar panels for total illumination with no dark areas.
- Restrooms available on premises in addition to water for animal use.
- Parking available for both spectators and participants.
- Easy ingress and egress for all visitors and participants.
- Arena is surrounded by over 90 acres of a beautiful park setting with a historic race track and picnic amenities.
Arena Rental Information- Reservation Form
We are the perfect spot for your next event, BIG or small. From clinics, barrel races to ropings. The Ed Hughes Memorial Arena is even a great summertime venue for parties or weddings.
Contact us to see how we can help you!
Fees below go into effect July 30, 2018.
$10/per rider (any number of horses)
$75 monthly pass
$450/per day (Includes arena grooming + watering prior to rental)
$15/per hour arena lights (after hours available only with Arena rental, not daily riders)
$75/per hour-private arena
Overnight stay is only allowed when associated with a specific event at the Arena or Park.
$45 box stall per night *owner to supply feed, bedding & water bucket
$27 outside pen per night *owner to supply feed, bedding & water bucket
$18 owner set up pen *owner to supply feed, bedding & water bucket.
$18 Per night dry camping
$25/per day vendor and/or concession