Location: Howard Park - 600 S. Church St. North Entrance on the East side of the park.
The City of Ione maintains 5 baseball fields and a snack shack at Howard Park.
- 1 T-ball/Pinto league field - Field measurements: Base measurements are 50 ft' apart Field measures 228' from home plate to center field fence line.
- 3 Little League Fields/Jr League fields - Field measurements: Base measurements are 60' apart
- Field 1 measures 200' from home plate to centerfield fence line.
- Field 2 measures 228' from home plate to fence line.
- Field 3 measures 300' from home plate to fence line.
- 1 Professional/High school League Field - Base measurements are 90 ft' apart
- Field 4 measures 362 ' from home plate to fence line.
The Ione baseball complex is dedicated to the memory of Ernie “Tiny” Bonham born in Ione August 16, 1913. He was a pitcher for the New York Yankees from 1940-1946 named All Star in 1942 and 1943 winning 2 world series in 1941 and 1943 he played for the Pittsburg Pirates from 1947-1949.
Location: Howard Park - 600 S. Church St. North Entrance on the South East side of the park.
The City of Ione maintains an open area for soccer fields. Depending on the age of the players will determine how many fields are available. The West field measures 640 feet by 210 feet. The East field measures 322 feet by 216 feet. During the junior league soccer season there can be as many a 7 soccer fields set up for play. Located on the South end at the middle point of the soccer fields there is building that can be used as a snack shack with restrooms. A play structure is adjacent to the snack shack.
Mother Lode Youth Soccer League is a recreational soccer league for children ages 4 to 14 that live in Amador County. For more information you can go to their website at: http://www.mlysl.com.
For more information please contact our Event Concierge at 209-274.