- Category: Uncategorized
City of Ione General Plan
A General Plan is a blueprint which outlines the required elements needed to create a thriving, well-balanced and sustainable community. The Ione General Plan Update is a significant tool for preserving the historic foundation upon which the City was developed, while also creating a community future generations will want to call home.
The following key issues are addressed in the Ione General Plan:
- Land Use — Ensures land is properly allocated for the purpose of urban revitalization, commercial facilities, agriculture and schools.
- Circulation — Addresses commuting and travel-related issues for residents, including air and land transportation.
- Housing — Addresses housing needs for all economic groups in the community.
- Natural Resources — Addresses water conservation, management of soil conditions and maintenance of other natural resources.
- Open Space and Recreation — Addresses effective ways to use open space and recreational facilities to meet community needs.
- Community Character — Addresses preservation of the historical charm and unique character of the City.
- Health and Safety — Ensures the City is equipped to maintain public safety and handle potential natural disasters.
General Plan Policy Documents
Final General Plan - Updated 8/31/09
Cover and Title Page
Table of Contents
Noise and Safety
Appendix A Background Report
Appendix B Housing Needs Assessment
General Plan Environmental Impact Report
General Plan Environmental Impact Report - Updated 8/21/09
Finding of Facts
Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program
Draft Environmental Impact Report
June 10, 2009, Notice of Availability
Full DEIR + Appendices
Table of Contents
Geology and Soils
Public Services and Utilitie
Population and Housing
Traffic and Circulation
Air Quality and Climate Change
Final NOA_Ione GPU DEIR
Ione GP DEIR Appendices