Planning, Entitlement Review and Development
The Framework was adopted by the City of Ione in late 2008. It outlines the entire planning process, from start to finish, including how to apply for an entitlement, what CEQA is and how the review is completed, how to “final” a subdivision map, and how to apply for a building permit. Appendices include application forms, CEQA processing forms and templates, and internal processing templates (e.g., routing sheet, fee card, impact fee worksheet, subdivision improvement agreement).
The Framework is used as a comprehensive staff procedures manual. Staff and decision-makers are using it to ensure a consistent application and understanding of planning procedures. Various ordinances, policies, and regulations are summarized in the Framework and are much more quickly accessible. It has created greater efficiencies for planning staff as an in-house resource, and the City is also providing the document to the public so they can understand how development occurs in their community.
The document has already been so successful that the City is already planning an update for next fiscal year to incorporate changes to the local Floodplain Ordinance and changes in the Building Permit process.
- Master Fee Schedule Effective July 30, 2018
- Ione Framework 08-09 First Edition - Full Document
- Table of Contents
- I. Executive Summary
- II. City Policy, Standards, and Other Regulations
- III. Discretionary/Entitlements Review
- IV. CEQA Guidelines
- V. Subdivisions of Land
- VI. Grading and Improvement Plans
- VII. Building Permits
- VIII. Other Permits and Allowances
- IX. Appendix A - Application Forms and Permits
- IX. Appendix B - CEQA Forms
- IX. Appendix C - Application Processing Documents, Example Documents, and Other Resources
Commonly Used Application Forms
(also included in the full document)